Strugr

"Ask a Dog"
What People Are Saying About Zack*     'Stupid Dog' -Augustus Sneedboyle, III     'Surreal' -Felonius Harebelly     '....the reincarnation of Evelyn Waugh. A merited fate.' -Lilian Gish     'I miss Christian Romance' -Harvey Hinklemeyer (speaking for his dog)     'I can't contend with Zack's scholarship.' -Voscar Bliss     'This is a blog? I thought it was Hades.' -a future commentor (from South Africa)     'When the Chronicles get published I want you to write a blurb.' -Bulrod Mimsby-Spitch     'What do you think I am, the Great Gatsby?' -O. Bucky Ackenbola (ok ok so he didn't say that to Zack)     'Oh, you'd be surprised, Zack, at what I can believe.' -Sir Richard Arcos     'Careful, Zack. People who know too much have a habit of knowing nothing ever again.' -Big Chief Susquehannah     '"For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. (Pr 4:16)"' -Minerva Shunks     *names have been changed to protect those who did not want to be associated with their names.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
In which I introduce Myself

I am here to explain myself. The other night when the male left, I felt it my responsibility to alert the female to the presence of bugs on the lawn. The female is particularly vulnerable without the male. I know this because I have seen her trying to read, and practicing instead how to draw and fire pepper spray. After it got dark and the male still had not returned I redoubled my efforts. I concentrated particularly on the fuse box and the siding around the house. I even managed to get under the house and locate the pacing female. Due to my vigilance, she spent the entire evening in a state of high alert. Finally it grew late and the male still had not returned. It is my habit to get under the house in the early dawn and alert the owners to my exact location, beneath their bedroom. This requires me to be at my best in the early dawn. In short, I dropped off.

When I awoke the door was open. The female was standing in a state of shock, brandishing pepper spray. The male was hovering just over my head. “Didn’t he bark?” the female asked. I am not sure who she meant. I barked all evening.

“I was just shaking him awake” the male replied. “I thought he was dead.”

I think he meant me. In spite of this scare over my life, they did not seem very friendly when I alerted them of my whereabouts beneath their bedroom at 3 AM.

posted by Zack @ 2/21/2006 06:45:00 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 2/21/2006 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Neil said…

    Zack, doggy dreams can be sooooo real. My friend Sally (her picture is here) screams like a fire siren while she dreams. Her female's mother-in-law said that she must be dreaming that the female was beating here. Her female didn't agree.

    Peace, dog.

    Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 2/21/2006 07:06:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Bugs, old buddy;

    Have you ever thought abour beginning an internet dating service? I really liked that cutie in the picture.

     
  • At 2/22/2006 09:39:00 AM, Blogger Neil said…

    Well, she's very charming but this morning she smells like garbage. But I think that would likely appeal to you, wouldn't it?

     
  • At 2/22/2006 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    Eau de peauw is my favorite.

     
  • At 3/13/2006 06:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dog…I am Highly offended by the apparent prejudice that you seem to have against “bugs.” I, myself being one, have sensed a slight ignorance on your part about the nature and gentry possessed by some us. Please do research more on the subject before assuming that a “code red alert” is necessary upon site of my brethren.
    Thank you,
    The Mantis

     
  • At 3/13/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Mantis, you raise an interesting philosophical question. 'What are bugs?' I shall have to take some trouble to answer this in a future post. I assure you, however, in the meantime, that you and your brethren are loathsome and egregiously foul.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
The E-Book!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Mexico City, DF, Mexico

I am not dead but sleeping

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates