Strugr

"Ask a Dog"
What People Are Saying About Zack*     'Stupid Dog' -Augustus Sneedboyle, III     'Surreal' -Felonius Harebelly     '....the reincarnation of Evelyn Waugh. A merited fate.' -Lilian Gish     'I miss Christian Romance' -Harvey Hinklemeyer (speaking for his dog)     'I can't contend with Zack's scholarship.' -Voscar Bliss     'This is a blog? I thought it was Hades.' -a future commentor (from South Africa)     'When the Chronicles get published I want you to write a blurb.' -Bulrod Mimsby-Spitch     'What do you think I am, the Great Gatsby?' -O. Bucky Ackenbola (ok ok so he didn't say that to Zack)     'Oh, you'd be surprised, Zack, at what I can believe.' -Sir Richard Arcos     'Careful, Zack. People who know too much have a habit of knowing nothing ever again.' -Big Chief Susquehannah     '"For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. (Pr 4:16)"' -Minerva Shunks     *names have been changed to protect those who did not want to be associated with their names.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Chapter Eight

The Plot Resurfaces, Distended with Gasses, Like a Dead Fish

Just at that moment, they were interrupted by a disturbing sound like a hundred pound grappelling hook being rapelled over bone. “Now just you hold on, there, Mister.” It said. “I don’t know what kind of man you think you are, but if you think you’re the kind of man who can get away with standing outside a barn while my daughter emerges, you’re dead wrong. Because whatever kind of man you are, I’m not the kind of man who’ll let you do that. Now I don’t know what kind of man you are-“

"I’m the kind who will kill you if you don’t stop talking.” The savage said shortly.

"Oh-“ said the hundred pound grappelling hook. And it seemed to scrape silently off to one side.

"Ah believe, if you’ll forgive me, that Ah sullied the fair honor of the female first,” said a voice in the rear. “If you will recall, Ah spoke to her immediately upon sighting her, in the opening pages of this book. In short, Ah lay claim to the woman, in accordance with the erratic, unconscionable behavior of males in a Christian romance. And Ah would like to repeat, if this savage thinks because he was seen suspiciously lurkin’ around the outside of a barn-"

The Indian seemed to snarl, leapt lightly to the opposite side, and placed his hand menacingly over his left thigh. Just then, Rip emerged from the outhouse, throwing the door open and striking the Seminarian from behind. Rip stood framed in the doorway, dazed, and they all stood staring back at him. The Seminarian toppled silently to one side. They waited. Nothing moved, but Rip’s right hand slowly rubbing over his ribcage. They were fixed, frozen, wondering at all the little black hairs on the back of that phlegmetic, fatal hand. At length Rip opened his mouth and ran a short check with his tongue to see that all was well. It was. And in the interminably drawn out issuing of dark molasses, he uttered:

"Why is this man lying here?"

They couldn’t remember. He was lying there, apparently, at complete random. He could have been lying anywhere. That was where someone flung him, to get him off to one side. It all made sense in the mesmeric motion of Rip’s right hand.
posted by Zack @ 6/22/2006 11:48:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
The E-Book!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Mexico City, DF, Mexico

I am not dead but sleeping

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates