Strugr

"Ask a Dog"
What People Are Saying About Zack*     'Stupid Dog' -Augustus Sneedboyle, III     'Surreal' -Felonius Harebelly     '....the reincarnation of Evelyn Waugh. A merited fate.' -Lilian Gish     'I miss Christian Romance' -Harvey Hinklemeyer (speaking for his dog)     'I can't contend with Zack's scholarship.' -Voscar Bliss     'This is a blog? I thought it was Hades.' -a future commentor (from South Africa)     'When the Chronicles get published I want you to write a blurb.' -Bulrod Mimsby-Spitch     'What do you think I am, the Great Gatsby?' -O. Bucky Ackenbola (ok ok so he didn't say that to Zack)     'Oh, you'd be surprised, Zack, at what I can believe.' -Sir Richard Arcos     'Careful, Zack. People who know too much have a habit of knowing nothing ever again.' -Big Chief Susquehannah     '"For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. (Pr 4:16)"' -Minerva Shunks     *names have been changed to protect those who did not want to be associated with their names.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Wanted: Ruling Elder

To head new micro-denomination Denomination consists of two members in good standing in Mexico City, Mexico. Ruling Elder must subscribe to the Westminster Confession, and the original charter of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Preferably residing in South Africa, so that the denomination might be international, encompassing both oceans and extending over the whole face of the earth. At present this little band of believers is the purest church in the world. Seeking an Elder to consolidate unity within the denomination, lead it forth as the flagship of the reformation, to administer the sacraments, and enforce church discipline. (One of the members is involved in the open sin of thinking in her heart that perhaps the church's policy on catabaptism is at odds with its firm belief in the nature of the pope as anti-Christ, in violation of the Westminster Confession -as well as the charter of the Massachusetts Bay Colony- and stands in possible need of excommunication. Though without an elder she is equally unable to communicate. This member has appealed to the general assembly, pending such a time as it exists.) The name of the new denomination is the PURE -- Presbyterian Uber-Reformed Evangelicals. Both members were seeking membership in the Free Church of Scotland, but found that the original charter of the Massachusetts Bay Colony is not included in the Solemn League and Covenant to which that church adheres. We find that Scripture is insufficient without the original charter of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, to determine the nature of the true church and are, so far as we know, the only church in existence complying with that charter. The plight of man is serious indeed but God has not left himself without a faithful remnant. Two are better than one, and a threefold cord is not easily broken. If you are a South African ruling elder in good standing, who subscribes to the Westminster Confession and the original charter of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, please contact us immediately. God's Kingdom is advancing on the enemy: join the two of us or get out of the way.
posted by Heidi @ 6/09/2006 11:32:00 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 6/10/2006 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Neil said…

    Hehe. The acceptance of Rome baptisms by you presbies always baffled me.

    As aways, keep the chins firmly up!

     
  • At 6/10/2006 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Ruben said…

    That's a complex issue, Bugs. But we hope to make great advances by adding to the number of micro-denominations.

     
  • At 6/12/2006 09:11:00 AM, Blogger Heidi said…

    I shall listen to it then, if I can get my hands on it. I know Doug Wilson's take. It doesn't reconcile me. He ignores some things....

     
  • At 6/12/2006 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    Laura, I would be very interested in your clarity....

    Thanks for the information: I'll look for it online then.

     
  • At 8/19/2006 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Catabaptism, eh? When I first looked at that, I read Catbaptism. That rather threw me. I mean, baptising cats? Goats and Monkeys!

     
  • At 8/19/2006 11:01:00 AM, Blogger The Green Man said…

    The Green Man will make his presence known.

     
  • At 8/19/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Ruben said…

    Green Man,

    We are honored to accept your application for the post of ruling elder. There is one slight hitch... the position is currenly occupied. For a man of your talents, I'm sure this will be only a minor problem. The current RE's blog is here: http://www.civbertblog.tvcobx.net/
    We are not sure of his orthodoxy, as I believe he has since come to deny that we may only sing Psalms which have a title.

     
  • At 2/15/2022 02:26:00 AM, Anonymous Josh (with a J) said…

    *tap tap* Is this thing on? Asking for s fiend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
The E-Book!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Mexico City, DF, Mexico

I am not dead but sleeping

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates