Strugr

"Ask a Dog"
What People Are Saying About Zack*     'Stupid Dog' -Augustus Sneedboyle, III     'Surreal' -Felonius Harebelly     '....the reincarnation of Evelyn Waugh. A merited fate.' -Lilian Gish     'I miss Christian Romance' -Harvey Hinklemeyer (speaking for his dog)     'I can't contend with Zack's scholarship.' -Voscar Bliss     'This is a blog? I thought it was Hades.' -a future commentor (from South Africa)     'When the Chronicles get published I want you to write a blurb.' -Bulrod Mimsby-Spitch     'What do you think I am, the Great Gatsby?' -O. Bucky Ackenbola (ok ok so he didn't say that to Zack)     'Oh, you'd be surprised, Zack, at what I can believe.' -Sir Richard Arcos     'Careful, Zack. People who know too much have a habit of knowing nothing ever again.' -Big Chief Susquehannah     '"For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. (Pr 4:16)"' -Minerva Shunks     *names have been changed to protect those who did not want to be associated with their names.
Monday, February 27, 2006
On Barking at Odin

I forgot to mention my responsibility to bark at a gentleman we shall call Odin.

I know Odin well as he attends the church and lives before us and works beside us and is building the house on the lawn; and I have never faulted in my responsibility on all these occasions of chancing upon him to stand at a distance of twenty or thirty feet and bark raucously.

He entered the yard on Saturday, and I was standing at a distance of twenty or thirty feet and barking raucously when the female came out. “Be quiet, Zack” she ordered. “Hola, Odin!” she called. She went in. I waited till she was out of sight. I then took up a stance not less than twenty or thirty feet from Odin and began barking raucously. The female came out and swatted me.

No doubt this is the chain reaction of the violence she suffers at the hands of the intemperate male. See my last post.

Last night the male came out with a stick and gave me a little speech. “Now Zack,” he said, “you can whine and you can yawn. You can run around and you can wag your tail and you can smell things. But you cannot bark.” He then left the stick lying on the top step. [I forgot to mention that while he was making this speech I exercised my liberty to whine and yawn. - edited by Zack at 11:43 AM]

As I was trying to sleep I heard them talking. “It would be great if he were the kind of dog who would fasten himself to the inside of an attacker's thigh and hang on for life,” the male was saying.

“But if he were that kind of dog Odin would be dead.” the female replied.

“Wouldn't that be something to report to Mike,” the male answered. The female giggled. “Hey Mike, good news! Odin's situation has been completely resolved!” The female laughed. “Moreover he has made great strides in his sanctification!” The female pealed into her pillow.

“On a less cheerful note, we had to put Zack down.” The female erupted into something like what you would hear out of a sick horse.

It was extremely disturbing. I almost went in there with the stick.

posted by Zack @ 2/27/2006 11:11:00 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2/27/2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    Zack, our laughter does not wake the neighbors. Your barking does.

    I do not know why you keep accusing Ruben of intemperance and violence. You are the one who prefers the green water that has been fermenting below the pump.

    Odin?

     
  • At 2/27/2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    It's a good Bible name.

    My barking wakes Odin, is what you're saying here.

    I will not even dignify your other accusation with a response.

     
  • At 2/27/2006 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    Yeah, so is Thor.

    Zack, how do you spell 'innebriated'?

     
  • At 2/27/2006 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    It is the way of the female to get catty when she has nothing better to say. I am not sure why the female who is so like a cat should produce noises like a dying horse.

    To the Male and Female:

    You may yawn and hiccup. You may open and close cabinet doors. You may start fires in the oven and put them out. You may lacerate your forearms with rusty knives. You may die quietly in your sleep. But you may not laugh.

     
  • At 2/27/2006 03:24:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    Zack, I do not make noises like a dying horse.

    As to having nothing better to say, you know that Ruben and I do not approve of dynamic equivalents translations. And I thought we burned your Practicing Pagan Study Bible. I am not sure how you come up with this stuff, without opposable thumbs.

    Ruben will not be happy when he sees what you have done here. It's all about the created order. You might read Genesis 1 sometime.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
The E-Book!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Mexico City, DF, Mexico

I am not dead but sleeping

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates