 |
"Ask a Dog"
| Friday, September 15, 2006 |
|
A Narrow Shave
|
I am sure everyone else got as tense as I did over the near disaster when airport security almost didn't let her take the manuscript on the plane with her. Of course, you know why they wanted to do that --they wanted to read it before everyone else. Fortunately she stuck to her guns and rubber bands and the either evil or dimwitted airport security guards were foiled. But then, you can always count on her to be creative --although I wish she wouldn't take such risks with her work and would photocopy everything and place it in a safe house guarded by loyal dingos and devoted Estonians.
But, it's a great day when the news features tragedies and disasters that almost happened. I have a friend who accuses the Reformed of constantly almost having done something. I would like to point out to him that this is not a Reformed matter: this is present in the general culture. |
posted by Ruben @ 9/15/2006 03:29:00 AM   |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
I never fly for fear of what will happen to my manuscript.
-
Inchoate loss, inchoate crime, inchoate incoherence...they keep the worlds' presses rolling. All the terrorist attacks that might have occurred--it makes us all so safe that all is so inchoately well.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
|
| |

|
| |
|
|
| The E-Book! |
|
| Previous Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
|
| Affiliates |
|


|
|
|
I never fly for fear of what will happen to my manuscript.