Strugr

"Ask a Dog"
What People Are Saying About Zack*     'Stupid Dog' -Augustus Sneedboyle, III     'Surreal' -Felonius Harebelly     '....the reincarnation of Evelyn Waugh. A merited fate.' -Lilian Gish     'I miss Christian Romance' -Harvey Hinklemeyer (speaking for his dog)     'I can't contend with Zack's scholarship.' -Voscar Bliss     'This is a blog? I thought it was Hades.' -a future commentor (from South Africa)     'When the Chronicles get published I want you to write a blurb.' -Bulrod Mimsby-Spitch     'What do you think I am, the Great Gatsby?' -O. Bucky Ackenbola (ok ok so he didn't say that to Zack)     'Oh, you'd be surprised, Zack, at what I can believe.' -Sir Richard Arcos     'Careful, Zack. People who know too much have a habit of knowing nothing ever again.' -Big Chief Susquehannah     '"For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. (Pr 4:16)"' -Minerva Shunks     *names have been changed to protect those who did not want to be associated with their names.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
The Vicissitudes of Romance

Recently I remarked to my wife, "you're pretty when you're faithful". This led to the discovery, in an open discussion, that she had been faithful to me at a quarter to three a couple Tuesdays ago --unfortunately, I was not here at the time to appreciate it. Does anyone else have this problem?
posted by Ruben @ 9/20/2006 10:24:00 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 9/20/2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    No. It is only you.

    Does this happen every third Tuesday in the relationship, or was it a once in a lifetime event?

     
  • At 9/20/2006 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    What I'm driving at here is whether the female is faithful on a regular basis or not.

    You shouldn't listen to pop music. It degrades the soul, which, according to Tristram Shandy resides in the Medulla Oblongata.

     
  • At 9/20/2006 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Your plight is common. Faith is the substance of things not seen. Therefore you will never see it, at any time, day or night. Oh, but you were discussing faithfulness. I wouldn't know about that.

    I thought Tristram Shandy hadn't been born yet and here he is discussing neurophysiology. No fair peeking.

     
  • At 9/20/2006 08:21:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    I never peek. I mostly sleep through it actually. But I am told that he was born later on in life, and afterwards wrote about it as if it had not yet happened. It is all very involved.

     
  • At 9/20/2006 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    You must have misunderstood. I was faithful a couple Tuesdays ago but it was to C. S. Lewis. I was very pretty however. I can only regret that you weren't there to see me.

     
  • At 9/20/2006 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    PS. Lauren, I believe "The Medulla Oblongata" is a rock band that plays soul music.

     
  • At 9/21/2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Silly me. Please welcome me to the planet.

    But thank you for clarifying the issue of your faithfulness, Heidi. I was afraid that, as the older woman, I should have to have a sharing with you regarding your unfaithfulness from Wednesday through Monday. I am relieved that is not necessary.

    I'm quite fickle when it comes to C. S. Lewis.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
The E-Book!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Mexico City, DF, Mexico

I am not dead but sleeping

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates