 |
"Ask a Dog"
| Tuesday, February 28, 2006 |
|
a placeholder for Ruben
|
(Note: this post was going to be deleted upon the advent of Ruben, but is being left up as a tribute to the mother of [anonymous]. We have subtitled this picture 'unnamed' in her honor.)
This may be the prettiest food I have ever created: there is no other reason for this post than that -- no doubt it will not survive into the archives.
I have nowhere near the domestic talents of my sister in law Katrina, but today when we went to the market in the village, I got what I thought I needed for pico de gallo, had a mad stab at it -- and won. Moreover I found this splendiferous website, and amused myself while cutting up all of these ingredients into very tiny pieces on the world's smallest cutting board with a dull steakknife by listening to When the World Screamed.
Roughly 1 and 1/2 kilos of tomatoes, 3 peppers, a bunch of cilantro, an onion, half clove of garlic, sea salt, pepper, water, and olive oil.
Those of you who know me will be very proud.
No doubt Zack is annoyed with me for posting such nonsense, but he ought to remember that in this trivial fit of domesticity I made him bacon for breakfast this morning. |
posted by Heidi @ 2/28/2006 04:14:00 PM   |
|
| 16 Comments: |
-
You are embarrassing yourself.
-
Zack you are a ninny. And to think I said nice things about you today...
-
Are the people of Iceland coming to dinner?
-
The people of Iceland passed away.
If Zack doesn't stop being insufferable I will invite a gentleman we shall call Odin.
-
-
Not at all, Neal. I'm merely patrolling the blog for signs of stupidity and social ineptitude.
Anon, you really are dense, aren't you? The people of Iceland are dead. kaput. kicked the bucket. sayanora. gone bye-bye. ka-ching ka-ching. Deal with it and move on.
-
-
King Ahab. The Dilbert Study Bible.
-
My mother was one of the people of Iceland.
-
Deepest sympathies.
1-800-FLOWERS
Get yourself a little something on us.
-
Zack, you are a very bad dog. I do not think you will be allowed to post anymore on this thread.
Anonymous, we do not know who you are but we are leaving this post up as a tribute to your mother.
-
But I composed a poem in honor of the- who knows who.
"WHAT is colder than Iceland? -Death! What is older than Iceland? -DEATH! What came to the people of Iceland? -Death. They took a final, frozen breath, &-
-
-
I am the mother of anonymous. I got out of Iceland at the last moment. I just wanted to thank you for the tribute. It means a lot to me.
-
-
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
|
| |

|
| |
|
|
| The E-Book! |
|
| Previous Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
|
| Affiliates |
|


|
|
|
You are embarrassing yourself.