Strugr

"Ask a Dog"
What People Are Saying About Zack*     'Stupid Dog' -Augustus Sneedboyle, III     'Surreal' -Felonius Harebelly     '....the reincarnation of Evelyn Waugh. A merited fate.' -Lilian Gish     'I miss Christian Romance' -Harvey Hinklemeyer (speaking for his dog)     'I can't contend with Zack's scholarship.' -Voscar Bliss     'This is a blog? I thought it was Hades.' -a future commentor (from South Africa)     'When the Chronicles get published I want you to write a blurb.' -Bulrod Mimsby-Spitch     'What do you think I am, the Great Gatsby?' -O. Bucky Ackenbola (ok ok so he didn't say that to Zack)     'Oh, you'd be surprised, Zack, at what I can believe.' -Sir Richard Arcos     'Careful, Zack. People who know too much have a habit of knowing nothing ever again.' -Big Chief Susquehannah     '"For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. (Pr 4:16)"' -Minerva Shunks     *names have been changed to protect those who did not want to be associated with their names.
Friday, March 10, 2006
An impassioned plea for my free speech

Dear Reader,

I am a dog.

It would perhaps be helpful to remind everyone what a dog is. It is an animal that barks, runs, and licks faces.

We know this, by infallible presuppositions. Yet when it comes to bringing the dog into your heart and home, for your own enjoyment, what do you do? You muzzle him, spank him for barking, tie him up, and make him get down when he wants to lick people's faces. And when he does none of these things he was made to do, you congratulate him and say, 'Good dog.'

But these are not actions of a 'good dog' at all. They are the actions of a sub-dog, a dog who is not enjoying himself like a dog, a dog who is a waste product of the human.

Last night I heard the female in hysterics at one o'clock after the seventh assay into the night to make me stop barking. It is Odin's daughter she is worried about: Odin's daughter was made to sleep at night, to be a 'good girl'. So in fact was she, though she has forgotten this since she came here. But I was made to bark. And run around. And lick faces.

Humans ought to remember these things before they get dogs, was what the female said. And in all fairness, she did not get me. She had me foisted upon her by the former owner, who has not given me a bath in over a year. She also had foisted upon her a cake of soap.

So they are going to get me a muzzle, and give me a bath. This forces me to retaliate with some shocking news about the male.

His hair is fake.

posted by Zack @ 3/10/2006 02:58:00 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3/10/2006 03:30:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    Zack as usual you have misunderstood. You are being punished for not being a cat. Everyone knows that a dog's purpose in life is to be a cat. Just like all meat ought to taste like chicken. Surely you see the logic of that.

    I know you are a VanTilian but tone it down with the infallible stuff. We have some evidentialists visiting this blog now. Behave. Or stick to romance novels.

     
  • At 3/10/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    {registers shock}

    You mean all food isn't supposed to taste like powdered meat and vitamins compressed into marble shape and hardness?

    You mock me, but what are you writing these days? I assure you, that when I am done with Love Walks Softly and Carries a Big Stick, the public will never know what hit them.

    But I am making allowances for you, female, because I know that you need to sleep at nights to be a good girl.

     
  • At 3/11/2006 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Neil said…

    Do not despair, dog. Baths are naught but temporary reversals. But I posit that the baptism will be an unpleasant and unwelcome interruption for you. That makes me smile.

     
  • At 3/11/2006 04:45:00 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Rejoice not when thine enemy is bathed.

     
  • At 3/11/2006 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    I think everyone will rejoice when you are bathed, Zack.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Strugr | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.

 


 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Web This Blog
The E-Book!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Mexico City, DF, Mexico

I am not dead but sleeping

Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates